Avoid heat loss and stay insulated in your feather and down filled gear by using Nikwax® Down Proof & Wash.
The wash revitalises loft and insulation without damaging the down while the proof adds / renews water repellency and revives breathability. They will prolong the life of your gear and optimise performance in wet weather.
- Features & Benefits
- Safe to use on all feather and down garments and equipment
- Minimise weight gain caused by water
- Easy to apply - for use in domestic washing machines or hand washing
- Unlike detergents, it does not leave behind water attractive residues which encourage 'wetting-out'
- Your gear should last 6 - 8 washes before re-proofing is required
- Tread with a lighter footstep - This product is WaterBased, biodegradable, non flammable, non hazardous and does not contain fluorocarbons
Care for your Product
- It is best to wash your down jacket with a cleaner specifically designed for down or technical outerwear such as that from Nikwax. Do not under any circumstances wash any of our products using biological detergents
- Wash according to care label, preferably on a gentle cycle and slow spin
- If possible use a tumble dryer on a low temperature with the added aid of drying balls. This method will help to aggravate the down fill allowing for maximum loft and warmth
- Dont over wash your product and only re-treat the DWR (Durable Waterproof Repellency) when necessary
For further infomation on caring for your down products CLICK HERE.
- Lifetime Guarantee
A lifetime of adventure. Guaranteed. Berghaus products can do (almost) anything
For 50 years, Berghaus has been committed to endless innovation and the relentless pursuit of excellence. We believe passionately that our products make a real difference to the people who use them – and we guarantee our gear will stand up to the task it’s intended for (yes, that does rule out using your jacket as a paragliding sail).