The Women's Ramche Hydrodown® Jacket really is the ultimate ally to protect you against the punishing high-altitudes conditions. A perfect partnership from our Berghaus athletes and the MtnHaus® team ensures the Women's Ramche Hydrodown® Jacket really is the ultimate partner to accompany you wherever your adventures take you.Filled with our revolutionary water resistant goose down Hydrodown® keep your body extra warm when you need it most. It's three zone baffle configuration feature can alter the insulation levels to complement a womans natural body heat regulation system. While it is wind and water-resistant, the ultra-light, breathable PERTEX® QUANTUM® GL shell and 850-fill down ensure this is the ultimate lightweight and packable climbing cold-beater around.Weight (approx.): 430g
- Features & Benefits
- The novel offset baffles of the core reduce heat loss considerably - retaining your body heat around your core organs where you need it most
- Square baffles are used on the upper arms and stitch through baffles are used under arms – these two zones are used to maximise freedom of movement, prevent the movement of down while in use and work alongside your own body's natural heat regulation system
- Additional weather protection is achieved with the fixed, adjustable, helmet compatible hood with peak
- Keep essentials close at hand with the two external zipped pockets together with an internal stretch mesh bottle pocket
- Find a comfortable fit and help to eliminate wind-chill with the elasticated and self-fabric cuff tabs and the adjustable hem drawcord with one handed closure
- Lightweight, packable and comes with a mesh stuff sack – there is no excuse to leave this behind on any of your outdoor adventures
Care for your Product
- It is best to wash your down jacket with a cleaner specifically designed for down or technical outerwear such as that from Nikwax. Do not under any circumstances wash any of our products using biological detergents
- Wash according to care label, preferably on a gentle cycle and slow spin
- If possible use a tumble dryer on a low temperature with the added aid of drying balls. This method will help to aggravate the down fill allowing for maximum loft and warmth
- Dont over wash your product and only re-treat the DWR (Durable Waterproof Repellency) when necessary
For further infomation on caring for your down products CLICK HERE.
- Developed by MtnHaus
The Ramche Down Jacket was developed by the MtnHaus team, with extensive input from Mick Fowler and his climbing partner Dave Turnbull (CEO of the BMC) in preparation for their Himalayan expedition to climb Mugu Chuli.
With the exceptionally changeable and unpredictable Himalayan climate Mick and Dave needed gear which could cope with extreme icy conditions in excess of -20 degrees.
DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
The Ramche Down Jacket stays drier, lighter and retains its loft better than regular down due to the unique and innovative water resistant treatment applied directly to the down itself. This means you stay warm in conditions that ordinary down wouldn't be able to cope with.
As well as making use of innovative new technology the MtnHaus team also wanted to make sure the Ramche would make the most of the body's own heat generation and loss.
After reviewing the construction of a standard down jacket, and further research into body heat generation and loss the team have been able to use innovative baffle engineering in a two zone principle to body map the down fill of the Ramche:
The core features novel offset baffles which provide a high level of warmth to keep essential organs warm.
The shoulders and side panel adopt stitch through baffles in unique designs to prevent down migration and encourage heat loss where needed.
TESTING & CHALLENGE
The Ramche Down Jacket was developed with extensive input from Mick Fowler and his climbing partner Dave Turnbull (CEO of the BMC).
In October 2011, Mick Fowler & Dave Turnbull successfully made the first ascent of Mugu Chuli whilst testing prototype versions of the Ramche Down Jacket.
FREE Standard Delivery on all orders.
FREE Express Delivery on all orders over £100.
*Please ensure you select Express Delivery when enabled in checkout
We offer two delivery options in the UK:-
• UK Standard Delivery Free
approx 4 - 5 working days.
• UK Express Delivery Free (normally £4.95)
approx 1 - 2 working days, (orders placed before 4.00pm Monday to Thursday will receive Next Day Delivery)
This service includes the United Kingdom mainland, Northern Ireland Islands, Channel Islands, but deliveries to Scottish Highlands and the Channel Islands may take longer
Delivery to BFPO addresses for personal or overseas missions and excercises is also £2.49. Click here for full details
- Product Lifetime Guarantee
A lifetime of adventure. Guaranteed. Berghaus products can do (almost) anything
For 50 years, Berghaus has been committed to endless innovation and the relentless pursuit of excellence. We believe passionately that our products make a real difference to the people who use them – and we guarantee our gear will stand up to the task it’s intended for (yes, that does rule out using your jacket as a paragliding sail).
What people say