Skilled athlete with a number of achievements to his name.
From the top of Everest to the sands of the Sahara, from French sport routes to the Amazon rainforest Philippe has done it all,
pushing himself to the limit
to raise the bar year-on-year.
During the last 20 years Philippe has travelled the world setting himself new challenges in mountaineering, running and rock climbing and we’re proud to have him as one of the newest members of our team.
Here are just some of Philippe’s achievements:
• Climbed over 200 peaks in the Alps.
• 30 solo ascents of the Mont Blanc Massif. Eight routes on Mont Blanc itself, including the Central Pillar of Freney (ED- 55º/A2/7b/500m).
• 7th Frenchman to complete the Seven Summits challenge during which he climbed; Mt. Everest, Vinson, Carstensz, McKinley, Aconcagua, Kilimanjaro and Elbrus.
• Conquered several 8000m expeditions and climbed peaks in Ecuador, Bolivia, Peru, Nepal, Tibet, Chile, Argentina, Pakistan, Tanzania, Antarctica, Russia, Alaska and Indonesia.
• Climbed more than 1,500 sport climbing routes on 60 cliffs.
• On-sighted 8a and red-point 8b+ and has opened more than 50 routes.
Ultra distance/trail running:
Philippe has also completed some of the most challenging ultra distance and trail running races in the world including:
• Himal Race (Nepal): 405 miles / 23,000 m of elevation gain
• Marathon des Sables (Morocco) : 140 miles in 6 days in the Sahara desert
• Défi de l’Oisans (France) : 125 miles / 12,000 m of elevation in 6 days in the Alps
• Desert Cup (Jordan): 100 miles non-stop in the Wadi Rum desert
• Guyane Raid Amazonie (Guiana): 95 miles in the Amazon rainforest
• Everest Sky Race (Nepal): 125 miles with several passes over 5,000 meters
• Diagonale des Fous (La Réunion) : 81 miles / 8,000 m of elevation, non-stop
• Iditasport (USA): 132 miles non-stop in Alaska in winter
In 2011 Philippe single-handily summitted Ama Dablam (6856m) via the South West ridge in spite of challenging weather. Most recently Philippe came 3rd in the Gobi March, China, one of the four races that comprise the world renowned 4 Deserts series of 250-kilometre rough-country footraces.
All of Philippe’s achievements have been done while working as a manger in a full time job.
Gear & Reviews
Argentium Base Layers
Argentium is the latest innovation in next to the skin technology which is built to perform no matter what the activity is.
View base layers
Where Are We Going?
Whether you're planning your next big adventure, or looking for some inspirational country walks, the Berghaus Blog has it covered.
Read our blog
The gear that keeps you alive. The dress code for the most inhospitable places on earth. Performance at the highest level. This is EXTREM.
View EXTREM gear
Berghaus on Facebook
Join us on Facebook to be the first to hear about exclusive downloads, competitions, gear reviews, new products, and more.
Become a fan