The Berghaus men's Asgard Hybrid Hydrodown® and Hydroloft® Jacket will become a favourite companion on your winter adventures in the mountains. One of the most successful products developed by the MtnHaus® design and development team, this jacket is packed with high performance and very effective materials and features.
Body mapped insulation and a PERTEX® QUANTUM® face fabric will provide warmth where it's needed most, keep the elements at bay and allow you to stay active in comfort. Other features on the Asgard Hybrid include a fixed, helmet compatible hood and three handy zipped pockets.
Weight (approx.): 428g Our model is wearing a UK Large and is 6’2'' (187.9cm) tall
- Features & Benefits
- Great wind and water resistance thanks to the lightweight PERTEX® QUANTUM® face fabric, with a ripstop finish for added durability
- Stay warmer for longer with Berghaus' innovative body mapped 700 fill goose Hydrodown® and synthetic Hydroloft® Elite Pro insulation
- Quick access to your essentials in two zipped hand-warmer pockets and one internal zipped pocket
- Added protection from the elements thanks to a fixed, helmet compatible hood
- Stretch binding at the cuffs and a drawcord at the hem deliver added comfort and adjustability
Care for your Product
- It is best to wash your down jacket with a cleaner specifically designed for down or technical outerwear such as that from Nikwax. Do not under any circumstances wash any of our products using biological detergents
- Wash according to care label, preferably on a gentle cycle and slow spin
- If possible use a tumble dryer on a low temperature with the added aid of drying balls. This method will help to aggravate the down fill allowing for maximum loft and warmth
- Dont over wash your product and only re-treat the DWR (Durable Waterproof Repellency) when necessary
For further infomation on caring for your down products CLICK HERE.
- Developed by MtnHaus
Designed with input from Leo Houlding's Mount Asgard expedition the Mount Asgard Hybrid Jacket aims to offer the advantages of both Down and Synthetic Insulation in one garment.
Leo used the Furnace Jacket extensively on Baffin Island and experienced some of the disadvantages of 'Down' due to the mixed weather conditions on the island.
The brief for the Asgard Hybrid Jacket was to develop a hybrid garment that keeps the core warm by utilising the innovative warmth to weight ratio properties of Down whilst utilising PRIMALOFT® One in the areas more prone to becoming wet – hood, shoulders, sleeve and hem.
DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
Micro Down Jackets are hugely popular but have a real problem if they get wet. Synthetic insulation is good when wet but cannot offer the same warmth to weight ratio or luxurious feel that goose down can.
MtnHaus developed Hydrodown™ to give all the qualities of Micro Down but with a unique water resistant treatment applied directly to the Down itself:
- Absorbs less moisture, making it lightweight for longer.
- Maintains Loft 80% longer than Micro Down.
- 30% more insulation vs. Micro Down (60 minutes exposure to water).
Hydrodown™ teamed with PRIMALOFT® One and PERTEX® offers an innovative jacket that will perform in any climbing conditions.
TESTING & CHALLENGE
During the initial design and development phase the materials and construction were tested by our in house laboratory 'MtnHaus' to ensure that they offered outstanding performance.
Once we had prototypes of the jackets we hit the fells and mountains with our testing team KLETS who put the jackets through their paces and fed back on design, construction, fit and performance.
We also asked our Athletes to test the jackets and give their expert opinion. Philippe Gatta wore the Asgard Hybrid during training trips in the Alps and during his Kangchenjunga expedition. His wife, Anna Gatta, also wore the Women's Mount Asgard Hybrid Jacket on climbs in the Alps and on her expedition to Kangchenjunga base camp.
- Lifetime Guarantee
A lifetime of adventure. Guaranteed. Berghaus products can do (almost) anything
For 50 years, Berghaus has been committed to endless innovation and the relentless pursuit of excellence. We believe passionately that our products make a real difference to the people who use them – and we guarantee our gear will stand up to the task it’s intended for (yes, that does rule out using your jacket as a paragliding sail).