A versatile hooded insulated jacket that can be worn as a stand-alone belay jacket or as a warmth layer as part of a clothing system, the Basteir Jacket is a great all round mountain jacket. Featuring Hydroloft™, the ultimate breathable insulation system, and using principles researched by our MtnHaus® design and development team, the insulation has been body-mapped to deliver heat zones in the jacket, ensuring you get warmth where it is needed.
We're big fans of the work of the elite Berghaus Mtn.Haus design team and the Basteir is a good example of it featuring in an all-round mountain jacket, in this case the body-mapped insulation distribution. As an active cold weather stand-alone come layering piece though, it seems very promising and we're looking forward to getting some miles on it this winter. (Review by Outdoors Magic)
- Features & Benefits
- Fully adjustable hood, perfect for winter climbs
- Enhance your comfort level with Two-zone ‘body-mapped’ insulation distribution, meaning you get optimal warmth in the harshest conditions.
- Added warmth from Fleece arms and upper body sections
- Horizontal opening thumb loops for comfort during sustained climbs
- keep warm during winter climbs with large harness compatible hand warmer pockets with YKK® vislon zips
- Increased comfort and mobility with dropped hem with stretch binding
- Stretch bound cuffs keep out the harshest of conditions
- YKK® vislon centre front zip
- Lifetime Guarantee
A lifetime of adventure. Guaranteed. Berghaus products can do (almost) anything
For 50 years, Berghaus has been committed to endless innovation and the relentless pursuit of excellence. We believe passionately that our products make a real difference to the people who use them – and we guarantee our gear will stand up to the task it’s intended for (yes, that does rule out using your jacket as a paragliding sail).