Designed and developed by our MtnHaus® team, the Men's Ilam 850 Fill HydroDown™ Jacket has been designed to keep you warmer and drier during the worst weather conditions.
The Ilam down jacket features two distinct warmth zones that maximise the body’s natural heat generation and loss principle, keeping you warm and comfortable in the most extreme of outdoor conditions. The Ilam down jacket’s stitch through micro baffles help to ensure the 850 fill hydrophobic goose down stays where it is needed while you’re taking on the toughest of challenges.
Weight (approx.): 320g
Our model is wearing a UK Large and is 6’2'' (187.9cm) tall
- Features & Benefits
- Keep essentials close at hand with the two external zipped pockets together with an internal stretch mesh bottle pocket
- Find a comfortable fit and help to eliminate wind-chill with the stretch bound cuffs and the adjustable hem drawcord with one handed closure
- Lightweight, packable and comes with a mesh stuff sack – there is no excuse to leave this behind on any of your outdoor adventures
Care for your Product
- It is best to wash your down jacket with a cleaner specifically designed for down or technical outerwear such as that from Nikwax. Do not under any circumstances wash any of our products using biological detergents
- Wash according to care label, preferably on a gentle cycle and slow spin
- If possible use a tumble dryer on a low temperature with the added aid of drying balls. This method will help to aggravate the down fill allowing for maximum loft and warmth
- Dont over wash your product and only re-treat the DWR (Durable Waterproof Repellency) when necessary
For further infomation on caring for your down products CLICK HERE.
- Developed by MtnHaus
The Ilam Down Jacket was developed by our MtnHaus team and tested by Julia Pickering, and her team of splitboarders and skiers, in preparation for their Alaska expedition.
Julia and her team needed kit which could help them battle fierce conditions as low as -45 degrees and the risk of severe storms.
Although a standard down jacket is a great insulator, the MtnHaus team knew ordinary down wouldn't offer protection from the wet conditions that Julia and her team faced.
The team developed a jacket which would offer protection from harsh conditions where spin drift, condensation in tents from cooking and perspiration could all cause regular down to collapse:
DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
The Ilam Down Jacket stays drier, lighter and retains its loft better than regular down due to the unique and innovative water resistant treatment applied directly to the down itself. This means you stay warm in conditions that ordinary down wouldn't be able to cope with.
As well as making use of innovative new technology the MtnHaus team also wanted to make sure the Ilam would make the most of the body's own heat generation and loss.
After reviewing the construction of a standard down jacket, and further research into body heat generation and loss the team have been able to use innovative baffle engineering in a two zone principle to body map the down fill of the Ilam:
The core features novel offset baffles which provide a high level of warmth to keep essential organs warm.
The shoulders and side panel adopt stitch through baffles in unique designs to prevent down migration and encourage heat loss where needed.
TESTING & CHALLENGE
The Ilam Down Jacket was developed with input from Julia Pickering to make sure the gear she was taking on her Alaska expedition would stand up to arctic conditions.
In June 2012, Julia and her team successfully summited Mount Bear, battling fierce conditions and a six day storm along the way.
Julia also used the Ilam in her Alaska training expeditions in Greenland.
"Unbelievably warm, unbelievably light, and with superb drying qualities." Julia Pickering
- Lifetime Guarantee
A lifetime of adventure. Guaranteed. Berghaus products can do (almost) anything
For 50 years, Berghaus has been committed to endless innovation and the relentless pursuit of excellence. We believe passionately that our products make a real difference to the people who use them – and we guarantee our gear will stand up to the task it’s intended for (yes, that does rule out using your jacket as a paragliding sail).