The Men's Ramche 850 Fill HydroDown™ Jacket was designed and developed by our MtnHaus® team, with extensive input from athlete Mick Fowler who put it to test during his successful ascent of Mugu Chuli in the Himalayas.The Ramche HydroDown™ jacket uses a three zone principle to body map the 850 fill power hydrophobic goose down, maximising the body’s own heat generation and heat loss principles keeping you warmer and more comfortable than ever before. The core of the Ramche jacket uses novel offset baffles increasing the warmth further while the 850 fill HydroDown™ and PERTEX® QUANTUM® GL fabric keeps weight to a minimum with superb packability.Weight (approx.): 448gOur model is wearing a UK Large and is 6’2'' (187.9cm) tall
- Features & Benefits
- The novel offset baffles of the core reduces heat loss considerably - retaining your body heat around your core organs
- Square baffles are used on the upper arms and stitch through baffles are used under arms – these two zones are used to maximise freedom of movement, prevent down migration in use and work alongside your own body’s thermoregulation
- Additional weather protection is achieved with the fixed, adjustable, helmet compatible hood
- Keep essentials close at hand with the two external zipped pockets together with an internal stretch mesh bottle pocket
- Find a comfortable fit and help to eliminate wind-chill with the elasticated and self-fabric cuff tabs and the adjustable hem drawcord with one handed closure
- Lightweight, packable and comes with a mesh stuff sack – there is no excuse to leave this behind on any of your outdoor adventures
Care for your Product
- It is best to wash your down jacket with a cleaner specifically designed for down or technical outerwear such as that from Nikwax. Do not under any circumstances wash any of our products using biological detergents
- Wash according to care label, preferably on a gentle cycle and slow spin
- If possible use a tumble dryer on a low temperature with the added aid of drying balls. This method will help to aggravate the down fill allowing for maximum loft and warmth
- Dont over wash your product and only re-treat the DWR (Durable Waterproof Repellency) when necessary
For further infomation on caring for your down products CLICK HERE.
- Developed by MtnHaus
The Ramche Down Jacket was developed by the MtnHaus team, with extensive input from Mick Fowler and his climbing partner Dave Turnbull (CEO of the BMC) in preparation for their Himalayan expedition to climb Mugu Chuli.
With the exceptionally changeable and unpredictable Himalayan climate Mick and Dave needed gear which could cope with extreme icy conditions in excess of -20 degrees.
DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
The Ramche Down Jacket stays drier, lighter and retains its loft better than regular down due to the unique and innovative water resistant treatment applied directly to the down itself. This means you stay warm in conditions that ordinary down wouldn't be able to cope with.
As well as making use of innovative new technology the MtnHaus team also wanted to make sure the Ramche would make the most of the body's own heat generation and loss.
After reviewing the construction of a standard down jacket, and further research into body heat generation and loss the team have been able to use innovative baffle engineering in a two zone principle to body map the down fill of the Ramche:
The core features novel offset baffles which provide a high level of warmth to keep essential organs warm.
The shoulders and side panel adopt stitch through baffles in unique designs to prevent down migration and encourage heat loss where needed.
TESTING & CHALLENGE
The Ramche Down Jacket was developed with extensive input from Mick Fowler and his climbing partner Dave Turnbull (CEO of the BMC).
In October 2011, Mick Fowler & Dave Turnbull successfully made the first ascent of Mugu Chuli whilst testing prototype versions of the Ramche Down Jacket.
- Lifetime Guarantee
A lifetime of adventure. Guaranteed. Berghaus products can do (almost) anything
For 50 years, Berghaus has been committed to endless innovation and the relentless pursuit of excellence. We believe passionately that our products make a real difference to the people who use them – and we guarantee our gear will stand up to the task it’s intended for (yes, that does rule out using your jacket as a paragliding sail).