Women's Vapour Storm GORE-TEX® Active JacketProduct code: 420856
Developed by our innovative MtnHaus® team, the Women's Vapour Storm Jacket is the world's first waterproof venting jacket, designed specifically for the serious multisport athlete.The lightweight GORE-TEX® Active jacket offers the highest degree of protection and comfort whilst still allowing you to move quickly and easily. With the world's first waterproof fully open vents, the jacket has been designed and tested for the world's toughest mountain race 'The Dragon's Back'.
Weight (approx.): 301gExtremely comfortable, ideal for trail running, fell running or an ultra run up an Alp- The GuardianGold - Men's Running - Heavyweight Jacket Category - Men's Running 2013 Product Awards
Our model is wearing a UK 12 and is 6’ (182.9cm) tall
- Features & Benefits
- Fixed hood with stiffened peak, tested in the wildest conditions. An active cut allows unobscured peripheral vision
- A single cord system offers super quick 3D hood adjustment. Internal adjustment eliminates falpping or snagging cords
- Waterproof storm vents allow active venting in the wettest conditions
- Side and yoke venting promote a chimney effect, allowing cool air in and humidity out
- Outstanding breathability and comfort through convective heat loss, even when worn with the Vapour Light pack range
- Back yoke venting
- 360 reflectivity adds safety and visibility in low light conditions
- Asymetric cuffs with internal thumb loops for improved protection in the worst conditions
- Drop tail hem with single pull rear adjustment
- 3 Layer GORE-TEX® Active
- 100% nylon face, 100% polyester back, PTFE membrane
- Lightweight double ripstop
- Durable water repelent finish
Care for your Waterproof Product
- It’s best to wash waterproof garments with a cleaner specifically designed for technical outerwear such as that from Nikwax. Do not under any circumstances wash any of our products using biological detergents
- Wash according to care label, preferably on a gentle cycle and slow spin
- Only re-treat the DWR (Durable Waterproof Repellency) when necessary
To get the best out of your products it’s very important to care for outdoor gear in the correct manner. For further details and advice CLICK HERE.
- Developed by MtnHaus
The MtnHaus® team were tasked with designing a lightweight and extremely breathable jacket which would keep our athletes cool and dry during fast paced activities in rainy climates.
The team designed a lightweight jacket with waterproof storm vents which allow airflow to circulate but prevent water getting in.
The perfect testing ground for the newly developed Vapour Storm Jacket was a five day, 200 mile mountain marathon across Wales' most brutal terrain. With two of our athletes entered into The Dragon's Back Race™ - Steve Birkenshaw and Helene Whitaker - it was a great chance for us to test the Vapour Storm to ensure the jacket would perform in the toughest of environments.
Design & Development
The Vapour Storm Jacket has been designed to help adventurers tackle the world's most challenging expeditions and adventure races.
Tested in eight different countries on treacherous climbs, brutal treks and punishing mountain marathons the Vapour Storm Jacket has been put through an extended MtnHaus® development process.
Combining GORE-TEX® Active with front, side and rear vents this lightweight jacket offers the highest degree of protection and comfort.
Patent pending waterproof storm vents allow active venting even in the wettest conditions
Side, front and back yoke vents create a chimney effect that allows cool air in and humid air to escape.
Testing & Challenge
Put through its paces by the world's toughest critics
The Vapour Storm jacket has been through years of testing in over 8 different countries during various demanding athlete expeditions and races.
Our athletes Helene Whitaker and Steve Birkinshaw tested it during the Dragon's Back Race™, a challenging 200 mile long trail race across Wales' most brutal terrain, which Steve won.
Adventure racers and Berghaus athletes Philippe and Anna Gatta have also provided input and tested the jacket in various other adventure races.
As well as our athletes testing the Vapour Storm Jacket in tough adventure races Leo Houlding and his team also used it during his expedition to the depths of the Amazonian jungle in Venezuela. During their adventure they experienced temperatures in excess of 35 degrees and monsoon-like conditions – the perfect testing ground for the Vapour Storm.
We offer two delivery options in the UK.
• UK Standard £2.49.
approx 4 - 5 working days.
• UK Express Delivery £5.99
approx 1 - 2 working days, (based on orders received by 4.00pm Monday to Friday)
This service includes the United Kingdom mainland, Northern Ireland Islands, Channel Islands, but deliveries to Scottish Highlands and the Channel Islands may take longer
Delivery to BFPO addresses for personal or overseas missions and excercises is also £2.49.
- Lifetime Guarantee
A lifetime of adventure. Guaranteed. Berghaus products can do (almost) anything
For 50 years, Berghaus has been committed to endless innovation and the relentless pursuit of excellence. We believe passionately that our products make a real difference to the people who use them – and we guarantee our gear will stand up to the task it’s intended for (yes, that does rule out using your jacket as a paragliding sail).