Combining innovative materials with cutting edge design, the Berghaus men's Ulvetanna Hybrid Hydrodown® and Hydroloft® Jacket is an exceptional insulated garment for your winter climbing trips. This jacket has been extensively tested in extreme conditions and is the latest product to emerge from the renowned MtnHaus® design and development team. The Ulvetanna Hybrid boasts body mapped insulation, along with high performance PERTEX® QUANTUM® and PERTEX® MICROLIGHT face fabrics for great warmth and extended comfort in use. A fixed, helmet compatible hood and strategically placed essential features complete an outstanding technical winter climbing jacket.
Weight (approx.): 409g
4.5 out of 5 Stars - "Impressive technical mountaineering warm jacket with an uncompromising cut, which makes good use of different fabrics and fills to give advantages over both pure down or pure synthetic jackets. Berghaus has sweated the details too and we're impressed with the hood in particular." (Review by Outdoors Magic)
- Features & Benefits
- Great wind and water resistance thanks to the lightweight PERTEX® QUANTUM® face fabric in the down areas, with a ripstop finish for added durability
- PERTEX® MICROLIGHT provides great water and wind resistance in the synthetic insulation areas, along with mechanical stretch for excellent freedom of movement
- Stay warmer for longer with Berghaus' innovative body mapped 850 fill goose Hydrodown® and synthetic Hydroloft® Elite Pro insulation
- Quick access to your essentials in two zipped hand-warmer pockets and one internal zipped pocket
- Added protection from the elements thanks to a fixed and adjustable helmet compatible hood with a stiffened peak
- Stretch binding at the cuffs and a drawcord at the hem deliver added comfort and adjustability
- Stuff sac for easy storage when not in use
Care for your Product
- It is best to wash your down jacket with a cleaner specifically designed for down or technical outerwear such as that from Nikwax. Do not under any circumstances wash any of our products using biological detergents
- Wash according to care label, preferably on a gentle cycle and slow spin
- If possible use a tumble dryer on a low temperature with the added aid of drying balls. This method will help to aggravate the down fill allowing for maximum loft and warmth
- Dont over wash your product and only re-treat the DWR (Durable Waterproof Repellency) when necessary
For further infomation on caring for your down products CLICK HERE.
- Developed by MtnHaus
The MtnHaus® team were tasked with designing their most comfortable active winter jacket, in a lightweight package, whilst offering protection from harsh winter conditions.
Working with the likes of Angelika Rainer and Leo Holding, the Ulvetanna Hybrid has been developed through several expeditions and has been subjected to many different test environments.
Designed to offer a premium level of warmth and comfort, combining two ground breaking technologies Hydrodown and Hydroloft.
Design & Development
Recently, for the first time, experts from our MtnHaus® team took part in an expedition shoulder to shoulder with members of the Berghaus Athlete Team. Travelling to Greenland, they joined Leo Houlding and his Ulvetanna team for a week of training and testing that gave them the best possible understanding of what these extreme adventurers need to achieve their goals.
Each day, as the athletes threw themselves into various Arctic activities, the MtnHaus® team attached humidity and temperature data logging micro-sensors to the team's clothing and used a thermal imaging camera to pinpoint areas of heat loss, overheating and chilling. Using this data, the MtnHaus® team have developed an innovative approach to body-mapping; the distribution of down within our clothing and equipment.
Testing & Challenge
The Ulvetanna Hybrid was developed with extensive input from our athlete team to provide optimum performance in warmth and comfort. Tested over a long period of time in different environments including in Canada during Angelika Rainer's expedition to climb Helmcken Falls.
The MtnHaus team focused on eliminating discomfort through body mapping, creating different heat zones within the jacket offering the user the perfect blend of comfort and warmth.
- Lifetime Guarantee
A lifetime of adventure. Guaranteed. Berghaus products can do (almost) anything
For 50 years, Berghaus has been committed to endless innovation and the relentless pursuit of excellence. We believe passionately that our products make a real difference to the people who use them – and we guarantee our gear will stand up to the task it’s intended for (yes, that does rule out using your jacket as a paragliding sail).