Men's Ulvetanna Down Suit
Developed with Berghaus athlete Leo Houlding and field tested in the glacial wilderness of Greenland, the Men’s Ulvetanna Hydrodown™ Suit offers the ultimate protection against the harshest environments on the planet.A three-zone thermal design maps the distribution of our revolutionary 850 fill Hydrodown™ - water resistant goose down – to perfectly complement the body’s natural thermoregulation system. Box baffle engineering, welded construction and the tough but breathable WINDSTOPPER® fabric shell combine to keep snow, wind and melt water out, while a streamlined cut minimises bulk allowing excellent articulation and ensures climbers can keep harnesses and feet in view at all times.Weight of down (approx.): 700g 850 fill Hydrodown™Our model is wearing a UK Large and is 6’2'' (187.9cm) tall
- Features & Benefits
- Insulated with 700g of 850 fill Hydrodown™ - our revolutionary water resistant goose down – offering extreme levels of insulation in even the harshest environments
- Three zone body-mapped insulation distribution allows for the highest possible levels of comfort throughout insulation by following the body’s natural thermoregulation system
- Full-length side zips and the half-moon drop seat feature allow fast and easy use
- A comfortable fit is ensured with the elasticated waist section and internal drawcord, the adjustable elasticated cuffs with internal stretch gaiters and thumb loops, the fully adjustable helmet compatible hood and the internal non-slip braces
- Tough but breathable WINDSTOPPER® fabric keeps snow, wind and melt water out while waterproof AQ™ fabric panels protect the most damage prone areas
- Essentials are kept close at hand throughout the nine internal and external pockets
Care for your Product
- It is best to wash your down jacket with a cleaner specifically designed for down or technical outerwear such as that from Nikwax. Do not under any circumstances wash any of our products using biological detergents
- Wash according to care label, preferably on a gentle cycle and slow spin
- If possible use a tumble dryer on a low temperature with the added aid of drying balls. This method will help to aggravate the down fill allowing for maximum loft and warmth
- Dont over wash your product and only re-treat the DWR (Durable Waterproof Repellency) when necessary
For further infomation on caring for your down products CLICK HERE.
- Developed by MtnHaus
Ulvetanna, the wolf's tooth in Norwegian, is the most technically demanding peak on the harshest continent on Earth.
Now, over 30 years later, the MtnHaus team have revisited this classic to bring in 21st century materials, knowledge and styling.
Design & Development
This season, for the first time, experts from our MtnHaus® team took part in an expedition shoulder to shoulder with members of the Berghaus Athlete Team. Travelling to Greenland, they joined Leo Houlding and his Ulvetanna team for a week of training and testing that gave them the best possible understanding of what these extreme adventurers need to achieve their goals.
Each day, as the athletes threw themselves into various Arctic activities, the MtnHaus® team attached humidity and temperature data logging micro-sensors to the team's clothing and used a thermal imaging camera to pinpoint areas of heat loss, overheating and chilling. Using this data, the MtnHaus® team have developed an innovative approach to body-mapping the distribution of down within our clothing and equipment.
Testing & Challenge
Put through its paces by the world's toughest critics
The Ulvetanna Down Suit was developed with extensive input from Leo and his team and was tested in Greenland and state of the art climate chambers at Loughborough University before travelling to Antarctica.
In January 2013, the team successfully made the first ascent of the North-East Ridge of Ulvetanna.
"We reached the epic, pointy summit in -35 C with wind chill, wearing thick beards of ice, and hearts full of joy. The cloud even broke for 5 minutes dousing us in sun as we surveyed the panorama.."
We offer two delivery options in the UK:-
• UK Standard Delivery - FREE
approx 3 - 5 working days.
• UK Express Delivery - £4.95
approx 1 - 2 working days, (orders placed before 6.30pm Monday to Friday will receive Next Day Delivery)
This service includes the United Kingdom mainland, Northern Ireland Islands, Channel Islands, but deliveries to Scottish Highlands and the Channel Islands may take longer
Delivery to BFPO addresses for personal or overseas missions and excercises is also £2.49. Click here for full details
- Product Lifetime Guarantee
A lifetime of adventure. Guaranteed. Berghaus products can do (almost) anything
For 50 years, Berghaus has been committed to endless innovation and the relentless pursuit of excellence. We believe passionately that our products make a real difference to the people who use them – and we guarantee our gear will stand up to the task it’s intended for (yes, that does rule out using your jacket as a paragliding sail).
What people say