A highly robust waterproof, ideal for winter mountaineering or walking.
Made for the extreme winter weather of the British Isles, this jacket is incredibly well equipped. To keep the driving rain and blizzards out you can count on totally waterproof, 3 layer GORE-TEX®, with reinforced areas to protect the jacket from rock and rucksack abrasion. The hood is fully adjustable to keep even more weather out, and it fits perfectly over your climbing helmet for greater comfort. Even zips are watertight with YKK® Aquaguard® keeping the rain out of pockets and away from your body. Pockets are positioned away from your rucksack harness or your backpack waist strap for easy access at all times. With a tailored fit that delivers unrestricted movement and cuff tabs you can adjust even with your mountain gloves on, the Extem 5000 Jacket is a great British mountaineering jacket.
Weight (approx.): 548g
- In A Nutshell
- WATERPROOF GUARANTEE - Stay dry all day long with reinforced GORE-TEX® fabric, fully taped seams and YKK® Aquaguard® protected zips.
- IMPRESSIVE DURABILITY - Jackets last longer with reinforced areas prone to rock and rucksack abrasion.
- CLIMBING HELMET COMPATIBLE - Enjoy a perfect, comfortable fit with your helmet and the jacket’s adjustable hood.
- For The Gear Geeks
- Greater freedom of movement is down to the special darted construction for a technical fit.
- When the weather kicks in you can tighten those fully adjustable cuff tabs that have been designed to work with mountain gloves.
- Keep essentials safe in your two hand pockets and one at the chest.
- Journey To Your Door
- Product Lifetime Guarantee
A lifetime of adventure. Guaranteed. Berghaus products can do (almost) anything
For 50 years, Berghaus has been committed to endless innovation and the relentless pursuit of excellence. We believe passionately that our products make a real difference to the people who use them – and we guarantee our gear will stand up to the task it’s intended for (yes, that does rule out using your jacket as a paragliding sail).
What people say
Sorry, there are no reviews yet.